Best for Editing Polar Files
Modern software for simple creation of Polar Files for Yachting!
With this new software you can create Polar Files based on your own sailing data, Techsail Database, ORC Database (Offshore Racing Congress) or any Polar File with just a couple of clicks.
- Polar Diagrams. Polar Diagrams are used to determine the optimum course to sail, given existing wind conditions. They are plotted using polar coordinates, (hence the name) with true wind angle and a vector of actual boat speed.
- Optimum up/down wind angles. Up or downwind are plotted as diagram or tabular sheets as you like them.
- Polar Diagram. Printout of Polar diagrams for analysis. You can do nice-looking printouts of the ORC data for your yacht.
- Target Figures. Target figures are necessary for you to always sail optimum. In racing it is obvious but even in cruising it is of high importance to keep correct speed.
- Export Polars. You can also save the Polars on formats that can be used for Route-optimization (i.e OpenCPN, qtVLM, Expedition etc).
Computer/Processor – PC with 1 GHz or faster microprocessor
Memory – 500MB of RAM for Windows 10
Hard Disk – 50 MB of available hard-disk space
Display – Modern color monitor required;
Operating System – Microsoft Windows 10.
Peripherals – Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Miscellaneous – Internet features require Internet access.