Best for Analyzing the performance of a Sailing Yacht.
Breakthrough Technologies makes complicated mathematics simple for both amateur sailors and engineers, Sailfish Yacht Analyzer™ offers a a simple but powerful tool for analyzing the performance.
Best for Comparing Speed of different Yachts.
With this new software you can compare the speed of your Yacht with the Polars at ORC (Offshore Racing Congress), with just a click
- Polar diagrams. Polar Diagrams are used to determine the optimum course to sail, given existing wind conditions. They are plotted using polar coordinates, (hence the name) with true wind angle and a vector of actual boat speed. You can also save the polars on formats that can be used for Route-optimization.
- Optimum up/down wind angles. A number of diagrams for optimum angles can be computed. Up or downwind are plotted as diagram or tabular sheets as you like them.
- What If analysis. The What If Analysis is a technique whereby all design variables, except one, are held constant. As the independent or “free” variable is systematically altered, the designer evaluates the changes to the design using some kind of measure of merit. For example, the graph on blow below shows how an 40 foot cruising yacht’s speed varies as the length (E) of the boom is changed, for a fixed wind speed for all wind directions.
- Figure of merit. Sailfish Yacht Analyzer calculates a number of figure of merits that you can compare with other designs. Since there is no design that is best for everything, those figures can help you to find a design that fits your requirements. Learn what happens. By elaborating with Sailfish Yacht Analyzer, you will get skills in what geometry of a yacht means compared to others.
- Compare with other Yachts. You can compare your Yacht with others. In the New Sailfish Yacht Analyzer 5 you can compare your Yacht with any available in the ORC database (Offshore Racing Congress www.orc.org).
Computer/Processor – PC with 1 GHz or faster microprocessor
Memory – 500MB of RAM for Windows 10
Hard Disk – 50 MB of available hard-disk space
Display – Modern color monitor required;
Operating System – Microsoft Windows 10.
Peripherals – Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Miscellaneous – Internet features require Internet access.