The Sailfish Yacht Analyzer getting Started file. The same as shipped with the product. (420 kB)
YDF – Yacht Description Framework is the file format for Sailfish Yacht Analyzer.
During the development of Sailfish Yacht Analyzer there were no good file format for the description of a sailing yacht. Parallel to the coding we designed a format that we call YDF – Yacht Description Framework using XML as an interchange syntax. The YDF specifications provide a lightweight ontology system to support the exchange of yacht data. The intention is to use (as far as possible) the same Symbols and definition of parameters as defined by the Offshore Racing Council in the International Measurement System (IMS).
The initial specification is the start of a framework and is expected to grow.
The YDF specifications consist of
- Yacht Description Framework (YDF) Schema Specification 3.0
- A sample of a Sailfish Yacht Analyzer file yml file
- A sample of a Sailfish Polar file pml file. Ouput from both Sailfish Yacht Analyzer and Sailfish IMS Plotter.
- The YDF Specifications depend on XML technologies
Bookmarks: Recommended Reading
- The International Measurement System (IMS) – by the Offshore Racing Council.
XML Schema for file format
The Sailfish Yacht Analyzer is using XML (extended markup language) as file format. This is the XML schema for the format. Download XML File Format
DTD for file format
The Sailfish Yacht Analyzer is using XML (extended markup language) as file format. This is the DTD for the format. (5 kB) Download DTD File Format
xsd Schema for file format”
The Sailfish Yacht Analyzer is using XML (extended markup language) as file format. This is the xsd for the file format. (22 kB) Download Sailfish Schema